Muhlfelder’s was a woman’s clothing store on North Pearl Street in downtown Albany. It was established in the early 1900’s, and closed the early 1970’s. It was known for good quality, moderate to expensive clothing. It was one of the few clothing stores that had an extensive cosmetics department, as well as excellent costume jewelry and hats.
(Ads from the Albany Evening Journal and the Albany Knickerbocker News via fultonhistory.com.)
DAVID’S was a major woman’s clothing store on North Pearl St. in downtown Albany established in 1929. In the early 1960’s it opened a second location in Latham, NY. A third location was opened in Colonie Center. The Albany location finally closed in the early 1970’s, as did the Latham location. The Colonie Center location closed in the early 1980’s.